||Needles and Sharps Awareness(NSA01)
||In the UK, there are approximately 100,000 needlestick injuries reported every year.
Suffering from an accidental sharps injury could have significant consequences, including leaving you susceptible to contracting various blood-borne viruses, many of which are incurable.
Therefore, it's important that you understand how to handle and dispose of needles and sharps in accordance with best practice guidelines and in a manner that allows you to conform to your legal duties.
This course will ensure that all staff working with or around sharps are aware of the risks associated with sharps injuries, how to use and dispose of sharps safely, practices that must be avoided and what to do in the event of a sharps-related accident.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the risks posed by unsafe practices when using sharps.
- Know who is at risk of sharps exposure.
- Be aware of when workers might encounter sharps.
- Know how to safely handle and dispose of sharps using best practices.
- Understand the legal duties relating to the safe use of sharps.
- Know what actions to take in the event of a sharps-related accident.