As we near April and the potential of the release of new guidance from the HSE, I thought it was worth taking the time to remind everyone of the main updates and changes to legislation which have taken place over the last 12 months.
- The average fine per conviction by HSE rose to £150,000
- The HSE Fee for Intervention (FFI) increased to £154 per hour for any material breaches – this increased in April 2019 and was outlined in the updated Guidance on the application of Fee for Intervention (HSG 47) which was released in March 2019.M
- The Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005 (L 140)
- Agency Workers (Amendment) Regulations 2019
- Carriage of Dangerous Goods (Amendment) Regulations 2019
There of course were several primary legislations released such as the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2019, and the Health and Safety (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2018 which have a direct impact on everything from waste management to REACH, from Merchant Shipping & Fishing to Limited Company Regulations.
Managing Director and Consultant